Yes, there was definitely something wrong with the owen. We spent a lot of time trying to find an electrician to come and have a look at it. Finally we found a place in the town where we could go and ask some help. I took a picture of the owen with my mobile phone and we prepared a little note (with a help of Google translator) to help us explain the situation to the electrician.
The first bit went really well (bonjour). Charlie started to describe our problem to the guy and I supported him by spinning my finger wildly in the air, which was meant to resemble the broken fan. If the electrician would have lifted his eyebrows any higher, they would have reached the back of his head. But he seemed little bit curious at the same time so we continued bravely, and managed to make ourselves understood. His opinion was that the thermostat is broken and it needs to be changed. We set a date when he could come and replace it, just couple of days before Christmas.
He came and we chatted a little before he started to repair the owen (bonjour). In his opinion, there was nothing wrong with the fan, but I asked him to disconnect it anyway since I was sure that was the reason for the loud noise. It is really handy to have Google translator, we wrote in turns what we had to say and we were able to understand each other. Finally the owen got fixed and I was extremely happy that I would be able to continue my French cooking without burning everything 🙂
By the way, the noise is still there, but otherwise the owen is working well…